Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
A Concern?

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

A Concern?

10668240?1404397609
I have clots in my arm near (but not exactly) at the site of an IV I got on May 21st. I contacted my Dr when the hardened/lumpy veins did not resolve after 4 weeks but she said nothing needed to be done and I did not even need to see her to have her look at it.

I do not know if it truly is superficial or deeper.

I used a flashlight in a darkened room to look at the clots and took a picture of them to moniter them myself and will just wait and see I guess.

A little history- I have had a heart attack due to small artery disease and the clot is from an IV that was administered while having a naso-feeding tube inserted as a trial to be able to take my cardiac medications. I have severe gastroparesis (paralyzed stomach) so the hope was/is that a feeding tube straight to my small intestine will allow me to take my medications again. That tube is out and I am awaiting permanent tube placement. This means I am unable to take any oral meds (including my cardiac meds and blood thinners) so I need to know if this really is something I can ignore.