Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Arm and Finger Numbness

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Arm and Finger Numbness

Hi my name is Jessica. I'm 21 years old. I have recently had a numb feeling in my arm that runs to my fingers this is the first time this has ever happened to me. Also I have a vein that randomly pops out, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. If anybody can help me out on what might be causing this problem I would appreciate it. Thank you. =)

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Numbness in a single arm can be due to a pinched nerve in the neck or at shoulder or elbow. It can also be due to deep vein thrombosis in the arm. You will first need to consult a neurologist and rule out nerve compression by MRI or nerve conduction studies. Thereafter if this is ruled out, then you will need to consult a vascular specialist.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination to rule out peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes, hypothyroidism or due to Vit B12 deficiency followed by proper referral.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!
Hi am Saj,I am in my early 30s,i got numb the bottom;the joining spot of my two fingers and I feel a nerve,a vein,coming up as I close my fingers on the same spot,it is so for the last four days,I work in Place where I do all day load and unload,should I keep working or avoid lifting weights. Can any body please tell me what is the cause of this problem and what should I do for its recovery.