Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Clot in Shoulder?

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Clot in Shoulder?

Hi and thanks in advance for your help.

I am 27 in general good health. About 2 months ago, I started getting consistent pain in my right arm. It is precisely located in the area where my triceps meets the shoulder. On the back side of the hand.

The pain comes and gets worse when my activity goes up. If I run or move more and my heart rate goes up, the pain intensifies. I can rate it about 5 on scale from 1-10. There is no swelling, no heat, no discoloration of skin etc. But the pain is not muscle pain, because I know how muscle pain is when I would work out my shoulders, which I have not done in forever.

I am worried it is a clot, because my arm fully fell asleep at least 10 times in last 3 years, since I sleep on my arms a lot and cut off circulation.

I told my physician but he brushed it off without any examination and just said, it is muscle pain, go see an arm specialist or take Tylenol or Motrin or apply patches. I have insurance in USA, what can I do, who can I see, what test can I do to root out this pain. I am really worried it is a clot.

Please help, thank you!
I want to add, the pain must of been present in the same spot at least 3 months now that I think about it. It really does not heal, I do no activity on the hands right now. Also, it hurts the most when I bend my arm inward where my fist touches my chest and raise my elbow up. Today, I got up on a treadmill and kept my arm still and as soon as I got off, my heart was racing and the pain was most intense.

Happy new year and thanks once again for your help. I truly appreciate it and am really worried.
If you are worried it is a clot- go to a sports specialist and or the er and ask them to do an ultrasound- this will most likely show if you have a blood clot. This isn't something play around with- make them do an ultrasound- a deep clot in your arm can go into your carotid artery and into the brain. Take care. I would also start on baby aspirin and drink some red wine until you find out- these will thin your blood.
Reply