Could this be DVT?

I have been suffering from a virus that has gotten into my chest, and has necessitated a lot of rest over the last week and a half. The virus first presented with a pain in my calf, which was accompanied by a blue vein that was believed to be phlebitis. A d-dimer test was run at this time, and it turned out to be negative. The leg pains went away about four days ago, and only had chest pain, rash and headache (still believed all to be from a virus) and I basically lay down all day for a couple days. Since yesterday, I've been having calf pain again, sharper than before. Is it possible, despite having a negative d-dimer about 10 days ago, to have developed a deep vein thrombosis in the days since? If not, what could the pain suddenly be from after having no leg pain in days?
How are you?Were you able to have your leg pain checked by your doctor? Viral infection usually resolves after a few days of rest and symptomatic management. The leg pain could be related to this or due to other issues such as musculoskeletal and neurological issues as well. Further evaluation may help with the diagnosis. Take care and do keep us posted.