Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Could this be DVT?
About This Community:

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could this be DVT?

Hi,

I have been suffering from a virus that has gotten into my chest, and has necessitated a lot of rest over the last week and a half. The virus first presented with a pain in my calf, which was accompanied by a blue vein that was believed to be phlebitis. A d-dimer test was run at this time, and it turned out to be negative. The leg pains went away about four days ago, and only had chest pain, rash and headache (still believed all to be from a virus) and I basically lay down all day for a couple days. Since yesterday, I've been having calf pain again, sharper than before. Is it possible, despite having a negative d-dimer about 10 days ago, to have developed a deep vein thrombosis in the days since? If not, what could the pain suddenly be from after having no leg pain in days?
Tags: dvt