Cumadin/INR levels/Pulmonary embellisoms
I have had blood clots in both lungs as a result f a hysterectomy. I need to know wht normal INR levels are. If your levels are high is your blood thin or thick. I was told my blood is too thick. I was told to continue on my same dose and recheck in a week. My chest hurts and I dont feel good!
How are you? Normal range of INR for a healthy person is 0.9–1.3, and for people on warfarin therapy, 2.0–3.0.  A high INR level such as INR ( example INR=5) indicates that there is a high chance of bleeding (thin) while a low INR level will suggest a high chance of having a clot (thick). The target INR may be higher in particular situations, such as for those with a mechanical heart valve, or bridging warfarin with a low-molecular weight heparin during operation. Discuss your symptoms with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and best regards.