Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
DVT Side effects

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

DVT Side effects

I had my first clot after angiogram left arm they did surgery 1wk after to remove clot.I had second surgery for Median Arcuate ligament compression 2weeks after I ended up with multiple clots right leg got shots twice a day for 3weeks and then blood thinners for 9mos and another surgery 2months after second one ended up with umbellical hernia they fixed with mesh don't recomend it.lost job insurance stop all care was seeing vascular every 3mos for UT scan on right leg and stomach.My primary Doctor give me pain meds 120 every month so I can function. I now have pain in both legs but my right one hurts the worse but lately I have been getting headaches on left side from head to shoulder to arm when I have headache my leg pain goes away can they be linked in anyway should I worry or not? I always have shortness of breath only at night and my left lower side also has been hurting I feel like pure S****! all started in 2010
2 Questions: Has anyone else had stomach issues? I started getting reflux and this isn't normal for me although i have gained weight the last few years. The Dr. said it is a side effect and now I'm on a daily medicine for the reflux.
Also, since my last DVT 3 years ago I've become increasingly sensitive to sodium. I swell no matter what I eat it seems. So I take Lasix and Potassium. I still swell, I guess i'm not managing the sodium well enough. It is hard. Do any of you have either of these issues? My swelling is more in the DVT leg than the other.