DVT
Is it safe to take fish oil while taking Warfarin?
How are you? According to some studies, fish oil supplements may elevate the international normalised ratio (INR) of people taking warfarin. and may provide additional anticoagulamt effect. Fish oil, an omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid, may affect platelet aggregation and/or vitamin K-dependent coagulation factors. The exact mechanism of interaction is unknown and further tests may need to be done. Prior to taking any supplements, it is best that you discuss this with your attending physician for proper management. Take care and best regards.
There was some public info release stating that ALL fish oil supplements contained dangerous levels of concentrated environmental contaminants (I can't recall the specific ones.) Based upon that finding, it was recommended that all persons taking them discontinue them. I have.