Deep Vein Thrombosis
I had a blood clot in my right scublevein in 2004 my vein is completley clogged 2011 dec the vascular said i need a bypass take a vein from my leg attach to neck vein but hes never done it before also said it might not work being that its been along time are there any other options is pain normal also am i going to die if i dont have surgey what kind of affects will happen after this procedure also are there doctors who has done this before on a regular basis
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Deep Vein Thrombosis usually involves the formation of a large clot in the deep veins in the lower legs and thighs but may also occur in the area around the armpit and collar bone, in the upper arm, abdomen, or pelvic region. This is a dangerous condition because the clot may become dislodged from the vein and travel inside the vein all the way to the lung, and may create a pulmonary embolism. Pain, tenderness and swelling may be observed with this condition. The goals of treatment of DVT include easing the symptoms, preventing worsening of the clot and preventing the clot from traveling to the lungs. Rest and anticoagulants may help provide releif. If an embolus develops, surgery may be necessary to prevent the spread of the clot to the lung. If there was history of embolus, you may need to have a follow-up with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and best regards.
I have met people how have had this surgery done on them and it was very sucsessful. But the is a small chance that ur blood could still clot and if so u might lose ur leg. I am going though the same thing only that the rerouting will be only a tempery thing for me so went I get to ur stage I am getting my leg taken off as I can't see the point in trying to fix something that can't be fixed
Dr. Malekmehr is a board certified cardiovascular surgeon specializing in this matter. He treats patients with DVT and pulmonary embolism

Visit his website: http://dvtinfo.com/

Hope this helps

I would go to the best vascular surgeon in your area and see what they say. This isn't something fool around with.

Good luck.