Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Deep vein in Jaw

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Deep vein in Jaw

I noticed a deep blue vein on my jaw a couple weeks ago. My doctor checked it and said that it was deep not superficial. I woke up this morning and it is sticking out. Just about the size of a pea. Is this something to be concerned about?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
From your symptoms it seems that you have are having spider veins or  telangiectasia .These are common on the leg and face. Genetic predisposition, female sex, hormonal changes, sun exposure increase the likelihood of developing telangiectasia. A patient with spider veins in the face usually opts for laser therapy rather than sclerotherapy. Laser energy causes your spider veins to coagulate and shrink. It is most effective for small and medium size spider veins.  Laser treatment may cause minor bruising that usually improves within a week. Large spider veins respond poorly and are best treated with sclerotherapy.You need to seek the opinion of a qualified dermatologist and only after clinical examination the most suitable treatment for your condition can be decided. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.