Do varicose veins hurt??
Hi everyone, I'm not sure that this is the right area to post this question but I didn't see anywhere else concerning veins - just curious, I developed some varicose veins on the back of my knees while pregnant a few years ago and recently, after exercising, one of them is very painful.  I played volleyball last week and felt as though I had pulled a muscle on the back of my leg the following day.  It was pretty sore.  Then, last night, I played a tournament and all day today, it's been very tender and even made me limp a little.  It seems to be painful right on the location of my large vein and a little swollen.  Doesn't feel hot, just sore.  I was wondering (since I'm not running into the ER because I can be a complete hypochondriac, haha)...can these veins be that sore??

Thanks!  J
How are you? Were you able to get relief from the pain in your leg? It could be due to muscle spasm, tendinitis or possible thrombosis. DVT usually presents with changes in skin color  in one leg; increased warmth in one leg; leg pain in one leg; leg tenderness in one leg; and swelling. If the symptoms persist, it is best that you have it checked to rule out the differentials mentioned. Take care and do keep us posted.