Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Lump/Bubble Going Through Vein In Forearm

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

I was in the gym yesterday and on the particlar machine that I was using my right arm was down towards the floor grasping a handle. As I was squeezing the handle I had a strange feeling in my forearm. I squeezed my hand again whilst looking at my forearm and I could see sort of a rising lump on the underside of my forearm which moved down towards my wrist and then dissappeared. I immediately stopped working out and went home to rest. I have not seen the same thing today however my right arm feels a bit weak and i feel slightly paranoid.

Can anyone provide any advice on this? Am I just overdoing it in the gym or could it be something different?

Matt
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Superficial thrombophlebitis  or inflammation of a vein just under the skin and presents with swelling, redness, and tenderness along a part of the vein. A small harmless blood clot may develops inside the inflamed part of the vein, and the vein may then feel hard or knobbly.  This occurs  for no apparent reason but a slight injury to the vein may be the trigger.  If this persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
I had a superficial clot in my left arm where an iv was placed and it didn't show up until I did some exercise at home with my arms. Then it showed up an hour later with redness, swelling and pain near the site. I was already on warfarin for a dvt in my leg at the time. They say not to exercise if you have clots as this can move them to your lungs, heart or brain.  I would go to a doctor and ask them to check you out to see what caused this.