Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Need help!!!!!!!!!

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Need help!!!!!!!!!

Hello I'm a 21 year old who has a leg pain that's not super painful but it's just annoying.  It's been going on for a couple of days and it went away but now it's back and it feels weird.    It's not red or swelling and I don't travel very much although I do have a habit of waking up late in the morning and taking long naps when I'm free of work or college     Should I get this checked out or is it just muscle strain (although I haven't worked out for a couple of months)?   Very worried Plzz reply soon thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Aside from deep vein thrombosis and muscle issues, most leg pain results from possible infection or  wear and tear, overuse, or injuries in joints or bones or in muscles, ligaments, tendons or soft tissues. Muscle strain may respond well with rest and anti-inflammatory or pain medications. If it persists or recurs, it is best that you have this checked directly by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct physical examination and additional diagnostic tests such as doppler or ultrasound may be done to rule out deep vein thrombosis. Take care and do keep us posted.