Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
On Warfarin and smashed my hand on car door

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

I'm on Warfarin for the past 2 1/2 weeks and my last PT INR test was at 2.9. Today I slammed the car door on my hand.. It hurt right away, the swelling has gone down, no bruising yet but my hand hurts and a little pain on my wrist.. Should I go to the emergency room, am I at risk for internal bleeding in my hand.. I know if I hit my head I should go but is as serious if you have a blow to your hand.
Tags: warfarin
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello!
The normal range for INR in anticoagulant use for example warfarin is 2 to 3.Your INR is within the normal range. It seems unlikely that you would be having some internal bleeding. Pain in the wrist could be due to any sprain or tendon injury. This is only a possibility. It is best to take medical advice and get your doubts clarified. You need a clinical examination and investigations like X-ray wrist .Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!