Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Pain in arm after analgesic shot at hospital.

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

I had a recent pain shot (Morphine) from my gastroenterologist during a severe attack of Chron's disease. The medicine relieved the pain for a while and everything worked, but I notice that my arm has still been hurting and it has been a week. The pain is not awful, but my arm feels different than before. Do you guys have any ideas as to if this is anything threatening? Thanks!

Harry, San Francisco USA
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi Harry,
How are you? Are there other symptoms present?  Pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site may occur if morphine is given through intramuscular injection. If the pain persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation.  Warm or cold compresses may help.  Take care and do keep us posted.