Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Prominent Veins
About This Community:

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prominent Veins

I'm a 23 year old male in good health. I noticed some time back that the veins on my right shoulder and chest are really prominent, much more so than the left side, which are not seen at all. My neck and shoulder often fill stiff, I wonder if this could be Deep Vein Thrombosis or something else. On the upper part of my arm, along a very prominent vein there is also what appears to be a bum or clot or something. I didn't really think much about it at first. But now I am getting worried, it's been here for a while and my grandmother spotted it today and was really concerned. Any thoughts?
Related Discussions
Hi,
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Deep venous thrombosis or formation of a blood clot in a vein that is deep inside a part of the body usually affects the large veins in the lower leg and thigh. It usually presents with changes in skin color, increased warmth, pain or tenderness, swelling and skin that feels warm to the touch. For proper diagnosis, it is best that you have your arm checked by your doctor, Direct clinical examination and diagnostic tests such as  blood tests, Doppler ultrasound exam and venography may be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Deep Vein Thrombosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank