Restricted Bloodflow in Sleep?
Hi, I have quite a simple question.

Last night during my sleep my leg got trapped in position where it couldn't move, upon waking up my leg was completley numb and my knee was in a little pain when I moved the joint. I could feel the bloodflow literally moving from my knee to my leg. The pain and numbness have subsided but when I told a friend today they said it can cause a blood clot in the leg. Is this true?
Hi there,
I can confirm the exact cause of your symptoms only after a complete history and clinical examination. Numbness in the leg and knee pain could be due to number of causes. Pinched nerve, sciatica can lead to tingling and numbness. Leg numbness could be due to peripheral arterial disease to diabetes. Problems affecting the arteries like peripheral arterial disease can cause cramping pain that occurs with exercise. In osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus there is joint pain, stiffness and swelling. This is only speculation. It will be best to discuss it with a doctor and get yourself evaluated.
Take care and best regards!