Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Restricted Bloodflow in Sleep?
About This Community:

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Restricted Bloodflow in Sleep?

Hi, I have quite a simple question.

Last night during my sleep my leg got trapped in position where it couldn't move, upon waking up my leg was completley numb and my knee was in a little pain when I moved the joint. I could feel the bloodflow literally moving from my knee to my leg. The pain and numbness have subsided but when I told a friend today they said it can cause a blood clot in the leg. Is this true?
Tags: dvt, blood clot, leg, restricted blood flow, blood circulation, sleeping
Hi there,
I can confirm the exact cause of your symptoms only after a complete history and clinical examination. Numbness in the leg and knee pain could be due to number of causes. Pinched nerve, sciatica can lead to tingling and numbness. Leg numbness could be due to peripheral arterial disease to diabetes. Problems affecting the arteries like peripheral arterial disease can cause cramping pain that occurs with exercise. In osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus there is joint pain, stiffness and swelling. This is only speculation. It will be best to discuss it with a doctor and get yourself evaluated.
Take care and best regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Deep Vein Thrombosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank