Rigid with a knot in the vein
Doctor.

For the past few days i have noticed that my right saphenous vein is very rigid after being standing up for a period of 30 min or more. Besides that i also noticed that i had a knot near the quadriceps but today i checked my leg and i think that the knot moved a little bit down. There is no inflammation or pain when touching the vein or the knot.
what could it be?
A clinical examination and work up is important for correct diagnosis and management. It is possible that you are suffering from deep vein thrombosis. In deep vein thrombosis a thrombus develops in a deep vein. There is swelling, pain, tenderness, and warmth in the affected area. The surface veins may become engorged. In varicose veins the veins are swollen, twisted, and sometimes painful .A physical examination and investigations like Doppler ultrasound may help in confirming the diagnosis. Seek medical help. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and take care!