Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Sinus thrombosis or Migrane(migraine) ? (MRV attached)

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Hi, I got MRV done and have 2 doctors having different opinions, One is saying its thrombosis in sigmoid sinus and need proper treatment with herapin and warfarin(and wants to test for thrombophilia).
The other doctor says, he wants to start medication assuming its migrane (migraine) and abnormality in MRV is not very clear to him.
Please help me.

MRV image : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/152363/MRV/1.jpg

Thanks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to  have the test for thrombophilia? What other symptoms were present? Was there an ear problem at that time? Thrombophilia, a condition where the blood has an increased tendency to form clots, can cause problems such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolus (PE).  Although many forms are mild,  treatment can successfully prevent complications  such as pulmonary embolus, stroke, heart attack or a blood clot in the brain or abdomen. Results of the MRV is not quite clear. Referral to other specialists may help in determining the definite diagnosis especially if initial evaluation of several doctors are inconclusive. Take care and do keep us posted.