Unexplained bruise
I had a pulmanury embolism about a year and a half ago. I was on warfran for about 4 months. This morning I noticed a dark bruise behind my knee.  It doesn't hurt and I have no idea how it got there.  Should I be concerned about it?
Hi!
Yes, even though you stopped warfarin several months ago, since you have a history of pulmonary clot and taking blood thinners, and you do not remember how the bruise came about, please consult a doctor immediately.
Apart from these, causes such as to clotting disorders, low platelet count, fragile spider veins, deficiency of Vitamin B12, folic acid, or Vit K, a liver disease will need to be ruled out. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.