Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
bad bruise causing pain

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

bad bruise causing pain

bruised my leg right in the back of the knee (don't know how I did) and it hurts to touch it and i get pains during the night.  Is it a blood clot?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Do you still experience the pain and bruising? Aside from pain, deep vein thrombosis associated with clots also present with swelling, changes in skin color and skin that is warm to touch. With your history of trauma, this could be just a result of the injury or inflammation to the muscles affected. Typical bruising usually resolves after a few days. If it persists, you may need to have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.