clot in lower arm
Hi, I have health anxiety and have been worrying about blood clots quite a lot, I have been tested for clots in my legs and lungs with xrays full blood tests and ecgs ect, all ov which came back clear, the thing is now I'm havin pain in the lower part of my arm just befor my elbow and dwn towards my rist, my neck also feels tight sumtimes and get pains in my shoulder, could someone give me some advise please its really scaring me and making my anxiety worse, thanku gemma
Sorry I forgot to add that it also hurts to press on the area too
Hi Gemma,
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? It is good to know that the results of the diagnostic tests were fine. Aside from DVT, pain in the arm, shoulder or neck could also be attributed to musculoskeletal or neurological issues as well. DVT in the arm may present with swelling, pain or tenderness, feeling of increased warmth in the area, redness or discoloration of the skin and enlargement of the superficial veins in the affected leg or arm. To rule this out, diagnostic tests such as duplex venous ultrasound or venography may be done. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.