Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
compression stockings

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

compression stockings

Gonna try compression stockings for my varicose veins....does anybody have any other suggestions? I don't want to do any type of surgery
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Lifestyle changes and medical treatment may help. Compression stockings put pressure on your veins.Sclerotherapy is another common treatment for both spider veins and varicose veins. In this procedure with the help of a needle a liquid chemical is injected into the vein. This causes swelling in vein and collapsing .This stops the flow of blood, and the vein turns into scar tissue. This procedure can be done without general anesthesia and does not lead to inference in the daily activities. Laser techniques can help in curing small varicose veins. Discuss these possibilities with your doctor. Take care and regards!
Thank you for your reply.  Is there any other solutions other than Sclerotherapy or laser?  Don't like to put myself through anything...especially something being injected into me.