Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
deep vein thrombosis or vericose veins
About This Community:

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

deep vein thrombosis or vericose veins

Had a heart attack in March 2010 and now have a stent.  Vein in my shin just under knee protruding and Dr advised to leave it alone.  It was itchy and I picked at it when blood and pieces of meat/clots mixed with blood spurted out.  Is this thrombosis?  Do i need to seek medical treatment like right now or can it wait till morning?  I'm 69 years old and a diabetic
Related Discussions
Hi,
How are you? Were you able to have this checked by your doctor? Deep vein thrombosis usually present with pain and swelling, warmth over the affected area, and changes in the skin color, such as turning pale, red or blue. While symptoms of varicose veins include fullness, heaviness, aching, and sometimes pain in the legs; visible, enlarged veins; mild swelling of ankles; brown discoloration  and even skin ulcers near the ankle. With diabetes, monitoring of blood glucose to ensure normal levels is highly recommended. Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done such as duplex scan, ultrasound and other imaging studies of the leg. Take care and do keep us posted how it goes.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Deep Vein Thrombosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank