Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
dvt and diabetes

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

dvt and diabetes

I am a diabetis i was also diagnosed with a blood clot in my left  leg on august 8th this year , i am on warfarin 8mg my inr is 2.8 , for the last 2 days i have had head pressure , tightness in the face and ringing in my ears , today i have a tightness in my left ribs and pain at the top of my hip just below my ribs left side , my head is foggy probably to do with pressure , the pressure is mainly at the back of my head and the back of my neck, my question is can i get a pulmonary embolism while i am on warfarin and do my symptoms sound like one , thank u
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
The common side effects of warfarin are headaches, dizziness, weakness, nosebleeds, unusual bruising, purple colored toes, etc.Pain in the ribs can be due to any muscle sprain, muscle strain or costochondritis.The common symptoms of pulmonary embolism are pleuritic chest pain, shortness of breath, coughing up of blood etc. Without a complete evaluation it is difficult to determine the exact cause. A clinical examination and work up is important for correct diagnosis. Seek medical help. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Best luck and regards!