Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
dvt and upper outer thigh pain

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

dvt and upper outer thigh pain

hi , i was diagnosed with dvt three weeks ago , i was given clexane injections for 11 days and warfarin , i am only on warfarin now , no more injections my inr is 2.2 , my dvt is or was in my right calf , today i am getting pain in my upper outer thigh sometimes so bad i cannot walk , does anyone think this could be something to do with my dvt , thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? With DVTs , some people may have long-term pain and swelling in the leg known as post-phlebitic syndrome. Other symptoms like changes in skin color may also be present. Wearing tight compression stockings may help. Check with your doctor for proper ,management. Take care and do keep us posted how it goes.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
hi , thank you 4 your reply , my doctor is not very good , the dvt  was found by accident , i did not have any swelling in my leg at all , i went to the doctor with a constant headache , i have had this headache for 9 weeks now , it never goes , anyway since being on warfarin it has got steadily worse my ears pop and i have pain in my neck and shoulders and across my middle back  , the bottom of my back is really painful, i went back to the doctors last week because both of my calfs were hurting , he felt them and said its skeletal , but i cannot work out why my body is in so much pain every day
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Many people using warfarin do not have serious side effects.However, this medication can cause serious bleeding and it is important to monitor your INR. Inform your doctor if there is presence of severe headache, dizziness, fainting, unusual or persistent tiredness, bloody/black/tarry stools, chest pain, shortness of breath, and difficulty swallowing. Were you able to go to a neurologist previously to evaluate your headache? A complete work-up and imaging studies such as MRI or CT scan would help determine if it is primary or secondary in nature. You could also have a headache journal to identify possible causes. Take care always.