Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
penile varicose vein

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

penile varicose vein

I am 21 years old and recently i have developed a varicose vein on my penis. It runs from the base of the head along my shaft.I masturbate a lot but however for the past 3 months i have stopped.The vein gives me slight discomfort.I am not sexually active.
Will the varicose vein ever heal? If so , how long will it take?
What kind of diet do I have to maintain to do so?
Can I have sex without it affecting my life?
Is there any medication I can take that can help the healing process?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? it could be associated with previous history of trauma or your history of frequent masturbation. This may also  irritate  the lymph channels in this area and may lead to swelling. If it is still there and it has been 3 months already despite being inactive, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Prescription medication may be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.
Doc, I'm good.The pain well I think I am imagining it cause of the anxiety being caused on seeing the vein.However i can get a full erection and no problems maintaining it also.Only issue I have is the presence of the vein in my flaccid state which doesnt look to appealing.I fear it might get worse in course of time.Till date no change in the vein.Also I still continue to abstain from masturbation cause I fear it might make things worse.
I saw a surgeon for this He just dismissed it saying it it was a superficial vein and nothing could be done about it.