pulsating bulge in wrist
In the middle of the night I was wakened by an ungodly pain in my right wrist. I jumped up and turned on the light to see what was going on and I have a blue bulge on the inside corner of my wrist right where it bends. I can see my pulse in it and it is very painful. I should note that I am undergoing testing for autoimmune diseases right now. My right elbow has been in severe pain for 3 weeks now and my hands are weak and ache alot. My doc is leaning towards lupus but hasn't confirmed yet. Could this be another complication of that or something else entirely? Thank you!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A throbbing pulsing vein is usually due to infection of deep vein thrombosis. If blood was drawn from the same arm for the tests then chances of infection are high. Please follow up with your doctor to rule this out.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!