Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
recurrence of dvt
About This Community:

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

recurrence of dvt

I had DVT in 2009, was on warfarin for 6 months, and then the doppler had shown that the veins were fully recanalised and the clot had dissolved. This month i had pain again in the same place(left calf), and the doppler confirmed DVT. Am presently on 3 mg acitrom daily. Can you pl tell me the sideeffects and the restrictions on physical activity with this drug?
Hi there,
Acitrom (Nicoumalone) is an oral anticoagulant used for the prevention and treatment of harmful blood clots. This medication is a blood thinner which helps smooth flow of blood in your body, which reduces the risk of a stroke or heart attack. While on acitrom you should consult a doctor before taking any non-prescription medications, over-the-counter medicines that may increase the effect of  Acitrom, and dietary supplements like vitamins, minerals and herbal, so that the doctor can warn you of any possible drug interactions. Bleeding, fever, headache, skin necrosis are few side effects of this drug. Minimal physical activity should not affect you while on this drug. It is best to get your doubts clarified before starting any form of exercise. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Deep Vein Thrombosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank