venal insufficiency

I posted about my DVT here. I went off warfarin in late Nov and I've had two incidents since then of leg pain severe enough to need an ultrasound to check for another clot. My doctor did two more tests after the second incident which show I have venal insufficiency in the popliteal vein, the one I had the dvt in and in another smaller vein in that leg. I have been taking 80 mg baby aspirin and the symptoms seem to get better when I do. I can't take it constantly since my stomach starts to get upset, I have severe reflux.

I wonder what else can be done? The tech who did my tests said there is a procedure to fix this but it can't be done on the popliteal vein as it will cause another clot. I'm still wearing compression socks, walk as much as possible and try to avoid things that will cut off the circulation like crossing legs etc.

Thanks for any info or help
How are you? Venous insufficiency may occur because a vein is partly blocked, or blood is leaking around the valves of the veins. There are several risk factors such as age, gender, genetic factors, history of deep vein thrombosis in the legs, obesity, pregnancy and even sitting or standing for a long time. Aside from compression stockings and avoiding long periods of sitting or standing, varicose vein stripping or other treatments for varicose veins may be recommended if you have symptoms such as leg pain,  skin sores caused by poor blood flow in the veins, or thickening and hardening of the skin on the legs and ankles. It is best that you discuss the results with your attending physician for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.