Aa
A
A
Close
Brain stem atrophy
My recent MRI showed brain stem atrophy.  I had the MRI because one day i woke up, got a bowl of cereal, turned on the TV and started to eat.  First my right hand shook-moved with large movements, not small tremors, as I moved my spoon.  Only that 1st move had the tremor. Next the movie on TV made no sense.  At first I thought it was just one of those odd movies designed to be that way.  Then I realized that I could only recall 1 actor's name out of 6 A-list actors.  At this point I realized that the likelihood of all 6 of them choosing to be in a bad movie was very unlikely.  I realized my problem processing the who's married to whom etc. stuff was a problem with me.  I also realized one side of my face felt a little numb and tingly.  I thought maybe I was having a stroke.  When I tried to call my son I could not figure out exactly how to use my cell phone.  This really scared me and I became a little hysterical.  It took me 45 minutes to figure out how to call my son.  By then I did not trust my perceptions; but almost an hour after my symptoms started they began to resolve.   The one sided partial numbness and headache lasted all day. CAT scan: normal. Neuro exam: not stroke like in many ways. Decided maybe it was caused by a bladder infection.  That does happen in seniors.  I am  50.  MRI showed brain stem atrophy.  It is VERY had to find a precise link on line.  Yet several horrifying degenerative diseases are associated with it.  I and seeing a neurologist next week.  Can anyone narrow the field of possibilities for me or list your own implications?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
my husband who has seizure is doing the same thing-he was told he had aluminum posioning from working with aluminum dust ect and now they say this is causing the atrophy-he is 56 and it started when he was in early 40s if you find out please let me know good luck and thaaaaaaanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Degenerative Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank