Degenerative Diseases Community
Can this DJD really put you in a wheel chair?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can this DJD really put you in a wheel chair?

I've had 4 cooks (Orthopedic Surgeons) in the kitchen and I'm afraid dinners about done. Had 3 operations on my right knee with a hamstring graft, my R knee is chronically swollen and needed replaced as of 2/2006. My left knee has had 3 surgeries and a reconstruction using my patella tendon. It is chronically purple and swollen. I have DJD L5/S1 with a large osteophyte nearly bridging the entire gap. Feet are continuously numb and occasionally the RIGHT side of my body goes numb, arm 3 left fingers. Tingling numb sensation. I've walked with a trendelenburg gait and tried to use a cane as much as possible, but it aggravates my back even more. Got hurt @ work that's why all different Surgeons, that's for another day.

I've tried to eat right, vitamins, and exercise which is slowly decreasing because of the pain. I have been DX'd DJD,DDD,CPS,MDD,PD,AD and poorly controlled BP. (HTN) 46yr old 6'1" 200 lbs who until 4 years ago was as active as anyone in the world. To top it off I've lost my Dr.(TRIED TO COMMIT SUICIDE) and finances I'd saved. The mental disorders are starting to catch the physical disabilities. I applied for SSDI and playing the waiting game as I literally waste away. With 12yr old daughter and 11 yr old son and a wonderful wife, am I doomed to look up at my family out of a chair? One of the surgeons said I wouldn't be ambulatory 2 years ago but I'm still fighting. What kind of Dr. should I seek or suggestions do you have.  This **** is catching me and I can't escape.

Any help greatly appreciated...Greg