Degenerative Diseases Community
Cervical Fusion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cervical Fusion

I recently had a C6-C7 fusion and though in pain immediately after the surgery, the pain has since subsided and is limited to an occasional discomfort in my arm and behind my neck. But I am very happy with the way I feel at this present time.  Swallowing is probably the most uncomfortable as it always feels as though there is something in my throat. I have a couple questions: first, I understand smoking is not good for a proper healing and I am trying my best to quit.  I'm trying everything and I have cut down considerably but have yet to lick this habit.  Anyone have a successful fusion with smoking and if my fusion is compromised, what are my surgical options if so? Secondly, will this swallowing discomfort go away with time? It's very annoying and I always feel like I have to hack up something. Thanks ahead of time
211940_tn?1267884866
I'm preparing for Cervical Spine Fusion Surgery.
Between C5-C6 & C6-C7, on September 3rd, 2013.  DDD (Degenerative Disc Disease).  I have extreme pain in my upper right right arm, and strong pain in my left upper arm.  We (my Surgeon and myself) are praying this will relieve the arm pain, etc.  I really don't have any ideas of what to anticipate.
Thank you, for your time, consideration, and cooperation, I truly appreciate it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Degenerative Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...