Degenerative Diseases Community
Chiari Type 1 Malformation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Chiari Type 1 Malformation

I was diagnosed in May 2012 with Chiari Type 1 Malformation with a herniation of 6mm. I have horrible migraines, constant pressure in the back of my head, dizziness, trouble concentrating, trouble matching my thoughts and words, weakness, fatigue, blurred vision and numbness and tingling in my face, hands, and feet. I have also been diagnosed with Meniere's disease which deals with ringing and buzzing in the ears as well as hearing loss. Well today I had a flow gated MRI...problem is there is no obstruction of csf. It's a problem because the neurosurgeon now says my symptoms are not from my Chiari. So now I'm lost and don't know what to do! I live with tremendous pain everyday with it getting worse along the way.
Please say someone out there knows what I'm going through...any help is appreciated.

Hi I saw u also posted this in the Chiari forum, but for neone else that may read this here I wanted to post here too.

Make sure ur Dr is a Chiari specialist and is also looking to related conditions like cervio cranial instability can be the result of having Ehlers-Danlos and it is more noticeable post op bcuz of chipping away at the disks to make room for CSF, but it can also create issues B4 surgery too....so do make sure u r checked for all related conditions as many of them can cause the symptoms we all consider Chiari.....

Hang in there and keep pushing for answers.