Degenerative Diseases Community
Degenerative Disc Disease and Lupus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Degenerative Disc Disease and Lupus

Is there a proven connection between Lupus and DDD?  I have been diagnosed with both, but my Rheumatologist swears one has nothing to do with the other.  Strange that they both came on within the last year.   Can you point me to any findings, studies, research, etc?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Degenerative disc disease is  just a fancy word for old age, deterioration of the disc's arthritis. I have both, but was diagnosed with DDD before Lupus. DDD can also be brought on by injuries to the back, or joints.
Blank
620923_tn?1413427272
I do not agree that DDD is  just another word for old age...it is something more common in us as we age...but there r reports that state there is a corrrelation between autoimune disorders and DDD.....so I say yes to ur question, but it is not just Lupus...it is ne autoimune like Hashimoto's thyroiditis...fibromyalgia.....and Lupus.
DDD can indeed be brought on sooner with an injury, but it is something we all get eventually.How severe is a totally other issue.

I will look for the article I read and forward it to u.

Godspeed
"selma"
Blank
Where are these reports?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Degenerative Diseases Community Resources