Degenerative Diseases Community
Degenerative Disc Disease
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Degenerative Disc Disease

After a trauma to my lower back, I was diagnosed with DDD (several bulging discs, annular tear L5/S1). I am 48 and have never had back problems. After doing some research, its well documentated that DDD is part of natural aging, and everyone has some degree of it. My question is can it be medically determined if the discs problems and annular tear are a direct result of the trauma or just an aggrivation of a undiagnosed pre-existing condition? Can DDD be considered a pre-existing condition if everyone has it? Can insurance companies deny a claim under the PRE-EXISTING  umbrella if I have never been diagnosed or treated for this condition?
620923_tn?1405964489
Hi...well I wish I had answers, but I will give u my best guess.....

DDD is a natural part of aging...many can develop it early as a result of injury or a connective tissue disorder or auto immune issues....

If u did not have an injury u still might have the DDD, but possibly not the other issues...so, I do not think pre existing would be able to cover ur issues.

Pre existing means u were dx with it previously.....so unless u had all the issues  u mentioned  DX'd b4 the injury then u would have an problem.

Good luck
"selma"
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Degenerative Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703