Degenerative Diseases Community
Dementia in a 26 year old daughter?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dementia in a 26 year old daughter?

Hi my daughter is going thru memory loss and disoriented symptoms progressing for the past 2 years and she is a 26 year old previously healthy  career girl who only had severe migraine disorder but never with neurological or cognitive problems, just loss of vision with severe pain and nausea. These new progressive symptoms are soo scary I don't know what to do. She keeps telling me she doesn't know who she is anymore or where she is? And her neck has been increasingly stiff and getting worse since all of these symptoms began. Her mri last year was negative but symptoms have worsened and a recent cervical mri we havent got back yet. Blood work has been normal so far, and eeg also normal. Any help would be  greatly appreciated?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
620923_tn?1393294254

Hi, I would suggest getting copies of the cervical spine MRI and the report....and see what the dr has to say. Depending on what that revels, the drs may want to do a MRI of the brain...do not get upset and get the testing....this sounds like a deff neuro issue, and there are many conditions with similar symptoms, so they have to rule the conditions with similar symptoms out to help narrow it down.

Please update us when u get results back.

"selma'
Blank
Could be Pick's disease or other type of early dementia. May check w/ a psychiatrist as well. Also, clonazepam and other meds can cause this type of amnesia, so might look at the meds she is taking for migraines or other health/psych problems.
Blank
1831414_tn?1318862548
Hi thanks for your help. But she is not on permanent medication for migraines, just as needed. I dont think that its early dementia because her first 2 years she had flu like symptoms which the dr advised me wouldnt be signs of dementia stages. But a few months ago she began having the cognitive change after 2 years of physical symptoms. So I think it may be infectious, dur ot symptoms entering the neuro know. But thanks for your help and information is appreciated.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Degenerative Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...