Degenerative Diseases Community
Dystonia - early onset
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dystonia - early onset

I'm trying to find some information on Dystonia and early onset.  My daughter born premature 35 weeks started showing episodes at 5 months old although looking back at pictures shows her neck tilted earlier.  She started with twisting and the proning episodes, some lasting a few hours, the longest lasted 9 days.  Some would start violent, vomiting and some can be very mild, she is just very tired.  She had sleeping problems, only 20 or so minutes at a time for almost the first 2 years.  We did have testing done, EEG's, MRI"S, with the only diangosis at that time of Benign Proximal Torticollis.  When she was about 2 we started chiropractic care, the Activator methode, she did very well, started sleeping, walking better and her verbal skills exploded.  She has done well untill now.   Her preschool teacher thought maybe her hearing was not well and we had her tested.  She did fine but now our doctor wanted to redo the EEG.  This will have been the first EEG we have done where she did not have to be medicated to have the "sleeping" test.  Now we are looking at Dystonia... Anyone else? Does this sound familar?
Thank you in advance.