Degenerative Diseases Community
Friday Im Getting A Mylogram

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Friday Im Getting A Mylogram

Wow.. Finally getting a mylogram on Friday. After the results on my mri my neuro surgeon thinks one will better explains whats going on with my spine. they keep asking me if ive had some kind of trama to my neck but i dont know of any. apparently I have some serious issues.. heres what my mri has revealed.

here is a reversal of the normal cervical lordosis at C3-4 with minimal retrolisthesis
of C4/C5 by 2-3 mm. There is a desiccation of the disc material at C2-3, 3-4, 4-5, and 5-6. There is patchy
areas of increased signal noted within the spinal cord at the level of C3, 4 and 5. The craniocervical
junction and prevertebral soft tissues are intact.
At C3-4: There is a moderate size disc herniation effacing the subarachnoid space, causing flattening of
the spinal cord and the central spinal canal measures 8 mm, associated with uncovertebral joint disease
causing moderate narrowing of the neuroforamina bilaterally.
At C4-5: There is a moderate size disc osteophyte complex with a slight asymmetry to the left paracentral
area effacing the subarachnoid space and central spinal canal measures 10 mm within lower limit of
normal and associated with uncovertebral joint disease causing moderate narrowing of the neuroforamina,
more at the left side.
At C5-6: There is a mild disc osteophyte complex, especially at the right paracentral area and the central
spinal canal measures 11 mm. The disc osteophyte complex associated with uncovertebral joint disease
causing mild narrowing of the neuroforamina at the right side.
At C6-7: There is a small central disc herniation slightly effacing the subarachnoid space and central
spinal canal measures 10 mm within lower limit of normal, the neuroforamina are patent.
IMPRESSION: Reversal of the normal cervical lordosis with disc herniation at C3-4 associated with
uncovertebral joint disease, causing moderate narrowing of the neuroforamina bilaterally, at C4-5, more at
the left side causing moderate narrowing of the neuroforamina, more at the left, as well as at C5-6, more
at the right side, causing mild narrowing of the neuroforamina and a small central disc protrusion at C6-7
with no evidence of neuroforamina narrowing. Spinal canal stenosis noted at C3-4, 4-5. Small ill-defined
areas of increased signal noted in the C3-4, 4-5 within the spinal cord, most likely due to mild compression
of the spinal cord.

WITH ALL OF THAT GOING ON, AND FEELING THE WAY I DO, I SERIOUSLY THINK IM STARTING TO GET DEPRESSED. I KNOW IM NOT SUSPOSED TO LET THIS GET MW DOWN, BUT IM ONLY 22 AND I FEEL LIKE IM 80.