Aa
A
A
Close
598688 tn?1219530613
I'd also like to know about nerve root cauterization to kill pain in degen. disk disease! :-)
Can someone tell me where I could learn more about cauterization of nerve roots to kill pain signals in the spine? I have severe degenerative disk disease and have a total of 5 levels fused, and soon another coming on. This is a nightmare, having to go through surgery, only to know that you will have to have another sooner or later. Seems to be a never ending cycle and is very scary because I'm only 41. I'm looking for a less invasive way to treat the pain, and I have already tried steroid injections, which I won't do anymore. So, can someone enlighten me/us about what this procedure is?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Have you heard of micro endoscopic spinal surgery?  Only a few Dr's are qualified to do this.  It is done as a out patient , and the procedure takes approx 90 min.  You are home the same day.  I live in S.C and I know Duke University Hospital does it in Durham N.C by a Dr named Rob Isaac.  He is a board certified nerosurgeon.  Also look at
foothillspain.com   in Seneca SC, Dr Marion Millan does it there too.  Look at their website and it details the procedure.  I'm having mine done.  I have spinal stenosis and degenerative disk disease.  I've also have epidurial steroid injections and out of 3, only 1 worked for 6 months.  Please look at the website, I never knew they had such a thing.  Then research Dr's who do micro endoscopic spinal surgery.  Los Angles and Fla have Dr's there too.       Good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Degenerative Diseases Community Resources