Degenerative Diseases Community
I'd also like to know about nerve root cauterization to kill pain ...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I'd also like to know about nerve root cauterization to kill pain in degen. disk disease! :-)

Can someone tell me where I could learn more about cauterization of nerve roots to kill pain signals in the spine? I have severe degenerative disk disease and have a total of 5 levels fused, and soon another coming on. This is a nightmare, having to go through surgery, only to know that you will have to have another sooner or later. Seems to be a never ending cycle and is very scary because I'm only 41. I'm looking for a less invasive way to treat the pain, and I have already tried steroid injections, which I won't do anymore. So, can someone enlighten me/us about what this procedure is?
Related Discussions
Have you heard of micro endoscopic spinal surgery?  Only a few Dr's are qualified to do this.  It is done as a out patient , and the procedure takes approx 90 min.  You are home the same day.  I live in S.C and I know Duke University Hospital does it in Durham N.C by a Dr named Rob Isaac.  He is a board certified nerosurgeon.  Also look at
foothillspain.com   in Seneca SC, Dr Marion Millan does it there too.  Look at their website and it details the procedure.  I'm having mine done.  I have spinal stenosis and degenerative disk disease.  I've also have epidurial steroid injections and out of 3, only 1 worked for 6 months.  Please look at the website, I never knew they had such a thing.  Then research Dr's who do micro endoscopic spinal surgery.  Los Angles and Fla have Dr's there too.       Good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Degenerative Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...