Degenerative Diseases Community
Injections do nothing for me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Injections do nothing for me

Ive been given a total of 8 injections off & on for 2/half years, and it has little to no relief on my back,leg,&hand pain these doctors r doing it because they make alot of money doing it, they bill ur insurance between 600-1100 dollars & it's only 120-255$ cost, oh I know this cause I'm a LPN, but the past 3months I've had 2 injections/shots and it's made the pain worse, what do I do this doc I'm seeing is the type if u don't take the injections he doesn't think u should be there& I heard he has held meds before, but I'm hurting so bad that I wanna scream, what do I do
These injections may only be treating the symptom but not the cause of the symptom.  That is why the symptoms kept coming back. What's  your doctor's diagnosis regarding your condition?
Read you bio and as a nurse you know doctors can be read idiots at times. They think they are gods and no one can touch them. I worked in the medical field also for about 12 years as an Administrator and actually had a doctor fired for lack of treatment and his bedside manor.
I have a history of DJD/DDD and have been told more than once that surgery on my back MAY result in paralysis. I moved on with injections, steroid treatments for years, nerve blocks which did help but the nerve does grow back over time so more treatment were required. I finally found an orthopedic surgeon that did the spinal stenosis on my neck and two weeks later, did my back and paralysis was never mentioned because he did not see that as an issue. It was discussed but this doctor advised me that he could do the surgery correctly and did. (I will admit, he has a god complex but was very good at what he did for me. I trusted him and still do).
It took me years to find a doctor who would treat me but after research and education into my condition, I found this orthopedic surgeon and he has done about 5 surgeries on my back with positive results over time.
I've been the whole route with medications, shots, second opinion, more doctors, and more medications. Mostly they all want to put me on morphine and I had more than one doctor who wants to do a spinal cord stimulator but after consults with other doctors, they don't think I am a candidate. More to follow....
Let me repeat....Doctors can be idiots! Some doctors KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING but remember. medicine is a practice and to this day, many doctors are still practicing! That is the only excuse they have and I have heard this more than once. I am sure you have also. Get yourself focused on what treatments you need and research a doctor who can do this. It may take a lot of research but after going through nursing school, what is one more book, so to speak. Keep yourself strong and don't give up!