Degenerative Diseases Community
MND

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

MND

sir,
   my mother Alpana Talukdar is suffering from mnd for 2yrs. we were treated wrongly,while dctr told her that she had made a minor stroke, thats why she is getting weak 2her right hand. last year she was treated by dctr v.n.mathur in hyrdrabad. he took the medicine, "RILUTOR"  for 6mnts. but day by day the diseases is being increased. she is also taken NIMHANS, VALOORE and also in SAMDEV'S SIVIR. but still her cond remains unchanged.

plz suggest something, i love my mother very very very much.
Sorry to hear about your mother . Her doctor should explain her condition to you so you have a better understanding in order to help your mother . There is a list of neurology clinics that specialize in MND / or ALS as it is called in the US . Check out  www.wfnals.org/clinics
Or you can read more at  motor neurone disease - wikipedia .  Good luck .
My father is also suffering from MND for the past 3 years,His health's been going weak day by day.Kindly suggest some good consultants in B'lore or Chennai.

My father is been suffering from MND for the past  2 years.

i would like to mention that there are 4 type of MND and my father has been affeted with worst of the lot ; Progressive bulbar palsy (pbp). Though he was diagonised 2 years back... most of the doctors and the hospitals are not aware of MND. Now he has reached the state where he is completly immobile and we have to get a tracheostomy done so as to help his breathing.

From a handsome healthy college vice principle, he has been transformed to a skelton weighing less than 40 kg, whose life is dependent on a oxygen cylnder and a ventilator. YES, its painfull to watch the person whome u love... you adore... die in front of you day by day. But yes... i have become stronger day by day... and yes i hope you all have the strength and courage to see through it. never lose hope.. people... never lose hope ... as each day is a new day for him and you.

please feel free to contact me in case you have anything to discuss in this regard.

Hi my friends father is suffering from mnd multi nueron disease and he require a medicine name is rilutor. The Medicine is not readily available in the market.
Can someone please refer the pharmacy or way by which we can get it

Thanks a lot
..
According to my knowledge it isn't possible to prevent MND from developing. Treatment can slow down the progression of the disease for some people and occupational therapy can help to overcome difficulties. Several specialists are needed to provide this care. Physiotherapy helps improve the flexibility of muscles and joints, while aids such as walking sticks, wall rails and stair lifts can help to maintain independence.
you may contact Sun pharma people
contact to sunpharma people with priscription (prescription)(Sun pharma nandanam, chennai,phone044-24332890)
hi rock,
the only way to get the medicine is u have contact with the sun mr of ur area nd he wil provide u free medicine.
my father is diagnosd with MND and he is not able to move properly and most worst thing is that he is not able to swallow and becoz of that weakness..
please sugest anythng which will help

My name is Narayan , I am from Bangalore . My mother has been diagnosed and found she is having ALS . Can you let me some info abt this disease.
1* What causes this disease ?
2* Of what age it can affect ?
3* Is there any treatment for this ?
4* What are the adverse effect to the patient ?
5* How long they can survive ?

Please let me know abt this , as my mom getting weeker day by day. I have been to many hospitals - finally NIMHANS doctors said it can't be treated but can be slowed down. I am really feel sorry for the people who is affected by this disease , as this doesn't leave to people to lead the normal life and more over shocking news is that there is no Treatment to cure.... :(