Degenerative Diseases Community
Reading a MRI Report and Understand What it really means.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Reading a MRI Report and Understand What it really means.

I had a MRI on  June 8th -2009  on my Lumbar spine without Contrast.And the Report says as follows.
Technique Sagittal and Axial T1 and T2-weighted scans of the Lumbar spine were obtained and compared to a previous study performed on 8-6-2001.
Findings: There are Degenerative disc changes most prominent at L2-L3 and L4-5 Characterized mainly by varying degrees of Loss of Disc space signal on the T2 weighted scans.Disc space height and signal are relatively well maintained at L5-S1.No new Marrow signal abnormality is seen at any level.
There has been interval decrease size to the previously noted broad based central disc herniation at L4-5.Persistant posterior disc bulging is evident at this level but this results in minimal ventral thecal sac impingement and no evidence of High grade central canal stenosis. There is a linear annular Tear of the cetral/posterior disc margin at this level.
No new disc bulges or herniations are seen. There are stable facet degenerative changes at L3-L4 and less so L5-S1.The L5 body again may be partially sacralized.The Conus ends normally at L1. No paraspinal masses are seen.
I was hoping someone could ease my mind on how  serious my condition could be and can anything be done so I can continue of working and enjoying sports still in my Life .I am only 37 years old and have a long way to go.I have trouble getting up out of bed in the morning but once I am up it seems to lossen up but I live with Pain everyday and it never seems to go awat somtimes so bad I can't walk or feel my leg or foot.Please Help
Thank You