Degenerative Diseases Community
Sudden pain in my left shoulder spreading to my neck area
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sudden pain in my left shoulder spreading to my neck area

Yesterday 9th July I awoke with a terrible pain on my left shoulder, but today spreading to my neck area. Now almost reaching into my upper back. I do suffer from a lumbar spine problem and suffering from chronic pain controlled by DIHYDROCODEINE 30mgs every 4 hrs. I have not injured myself, nor lifted anything heavy unless I slept in an awkward position.
I 'phoned my GP earlier and he suggested I pick-up a form for an x-ray but when I mentioned my shoulder felt hot to the touch he said to come to the surgery which I couldn't do as I was waiting on a repair man (as you do!), plus I hate A&E departments and mentioned how I didn't want to waste  time if it was merely a stiff neck from an awkward sleeping position. I have just 'Googled' the discription of my ailment and the words Heart Attack sprung out at me frightning me to the point I dare not sleep tonight.
When I touched my shoulder earlier it felt terribly painful & spreading to my neck which is worrying. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks Lisa
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Degenerative Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank