Surgeries/cortisone injection
I am a 54 yr old male. I have had 41 major joint surgeries. All under general.
Currently I recieve 4 cortisone injections amonth, for the past 4 yrs. With anti inflamitories.
I am still very physically active. The pain I have in my joints is excruciating at times, the cortisone relieves the pain.
Now they tell me I have osteopedia and my body produces no vitiman D .
Does anyone know the side effects of being under general anthesia for so many times?
Side effects of 48 cortisone injection ayear. For the past 4 yrs.  
hi....I can't answer you're question on anesthesia, as far as I know there are no accumulative effects(?)
however there sure are with cortisone!!!
I can't believe any doctor would give so many injections!!
the absolute maximum is 4 injections per year all physicians recommend this as a max. thats 4 PER YEAR NOT PER MONTH...
this can cause all sorts of health problems for you. please check this out with another doctor. asap.  
Wow, I just read your answer to Julian. I have AT LEAST one cortisone shot every five to six weeks, and have, for nearly 20 years. It's used to relieve pain from a damaged nerve in my leg that works its way down to the ankle.

It's so difficult to sleep or do any physical activity without it. Actually couldn't sleep without it, despite prescribed sleep medicine.

Have always been scared; my orthopedist, internationally renowned, gives them and always searches for signs of too much -- dimpled skin, etc.

I've had brace after brace, physical therapy, all the usual efforts; surgery, followed my MRSA, caused a muscular hernia in exactly the area that the damaged nerve is. But for five weeks after the operation, I had no pain. Then, the staph was discovered, my leg became "deformed" with the swell of the nernia, and I was back on the shots.

I know this thread is old, but I too have low vitamin D and must take a prescripton supplement. I feel this is attributed to the nerve blocks I get every other month.

Do u also have Chiari and or a related condition like Ehlers-Danlos?...

The EDS can cause mal absorption....and may with chiari also have GERD, and taking those meds also cause mal absorption.....

SO we may need to take magnesium, and probiotics,  and things like that to help our system get back to the way it should be.

"selma"