Degenerative Diseases Community
THORACIC DISC DISEASE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

THORACIC DISC DISEASE

HAS ANYONE HAD THORACIC DISC SURGERY. AREAS OF T5-T10?
I haven't had surgery, but I am having problems in my thoracic spine, what are your symptoms?
I have had 3 surgeries to my neck and am fused c3-c7. right now i have severe disc degeneration of t5-t10. my symptoms are severe chest pain. it mimmicks an MI. my docs tell me the surgery is too high risk for paralysis and want me to exhaust all pain med options before surgery consideration. i'm currently taking fentanyl and oxycodone so i can continue to work. I'm a healthcare worker.
I had back surgery 8 years ago and cervical 5. I've been dealing with thoracic pain pretty much since my cervical fusion. I get the chest pain too, and severe muscle spasms its horrible and its just wearing me down more and more every day.

Have you looked in to endoscopic thoracic surgeries, where they don't go through the chest?
I HAVE BEEN TO THE TWIN CITIES SPINE CENTER AND THE MAYO CLINIC. THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE WOULD REQUIRE A LATERAL INCISION OF 10-12 INCHES, MUILTIPLE RIB REMOVAL,LUNG DEFLATED AND HEART AND OTHER LUNG RETRACTED AND THE AMOUNT OF HARDWARE THEY WOULD HAVE TO PUT IN ALONG WITH THE PARALYSIS RISK THE SURGEONS ABSOLUTELY WON'T CONSIDER IT NOW.TOO MUCH DAMAGE.I HAVE ASKED ABOUT ENDOSCOPIC IT'S NOT AN OPTION.
I UNDERSTAND THE WEARING DOWN AND FATIGUE, MY PAIN DOC ALSO PUT ME ON CYMBALTA. WHETHER YOU REALIZE IT OR NOT YOU SUFFER A CERTAIN DEGREE OF DEPRESSION.IT'S A CONSTANT BATTLE WITH THE PAIN. CYMBALTA HAS REALLY HELPED. IT TOOK ABOUT A MONTH AND A DOSE INCREASE BUT I FEEL LIKE BEING A BIT MORE SOCIAL.IT USE TO BE,MAKE IT THROUGH A DAY OF WORK AND I WAS DONE,LEAVE ME ALONE, DON'T TALK TO ME, I'M TIRED AND HURTING. HANG IN THERE.
Take Care of yourself.
Lots of pain in the arms and ,hips, leg spasms and now the hands.
Lupus on top of the rest of my traveling pain complaints.
Allergic to so many drugs including NSAIDS. what can I do?
Depression and crying are becoming more frequent.