Degenerative Diseases Community
episodes of blinding light in my eyes..
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

episodes of blinding light in my eyes..

I have been experiencing episodes of a blinding light  in my eyes. It prevents me from seeing with the eye affected. Lasts about 15 minutes. I am able to use my other eye.  My last episode  affected both eyes, I was outdoors walking, I was unable to see, tried to look down to avoid the light (it looks like I had my head in the sun,) it is that blinding.  As I looked down I was able to see the beginning of my black shoes ( very foggy,) Once the episode passed, my vision remained very foggy for awhile. I was told that I have lost my top vision. Has anyone  had this experience.  Two years ago I was told I might have ITA but neuorolgical test at the time did not confirm this.
thank you.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
This sounds like a TIA or possibly MS.  What kind of test did they do last time?  I would definitely get checked out right away.  The doctor should order an MRI and probably other tests as well.
Blank
Thank you for your response, and sending me the proper term (TIA). Since I wrote Aug. 11/2010, I have seen my family doctor,now just waiting for the appt. to be confirmed from the neurologist's. office.  These appts. take awhile however, I will  write you with the results as soon as I see the neurologist. You have been very helpful, Thank you,  G37
Blank
Hope you get a quick and accurate diagnosis when you see the neurologist.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Degenerative Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...