Degenerative Diseases Community
hip pian

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

hip pian

im a 16year old girl and am very healthy and active. I dont smoke and i dont drink. I have been experiencing very sore pains in my right hip for the past 3years. I have had numerous hospital scans and nothing can be found except from a gap filled with fluid between the joint. The pain can be very intense but is usually like a pulsing pain coming from deep in my hip. I now also suffer pain in my lower back(on my right) and down my thigh, into my knee. When it is at its worst i cant walk but it isn't usually that bad. The pain comes and goes regularly and is not triggered by anything in particular except it seems to be worse in very cold weather. I have tried numerous painkillers from the hospital including diclofenac 50mg but these only help for the short term. do you have any suggestions about what the problem could be?
Your problem sounds like mine. You mentioned scans at the hospital do you mean you did get an MRI of your hip?  I have a small tear in the Gluteus Medius muscle and a small pocket of fluid in my hip joint. My problems started however showing up in my low back and this is all they focused on for 3 years until I pushed them into doing an MRI of my hip not just my back. When there is instability in the hip it can throw off the balance to the entire body and I also get knee pain and ankle pain.  Usually tearing of these muscle are found in the elderly or in athletes, of which I am neither. So it was over looked for a long time.  I do hope you find help and they can find the source of the problem. Tears like mine have been considered non issues until recently so there is little info out there and doctors are not always up to date. Check with a sports ortho doc and see if they can help.  Being young you are far more of an "athlete" than you realize.
yeah it was an MRI but as i said everything was ok. thank you for the information, hopefully i can get more answers now. was there any solution to your problems?
Unfortunantly no. However, I am going to a have a second opinion from an orthopedic surgeon in a week or so. The first I saw didn't even acknowledge the hip pathology was part of my problem. Then I did my own research and discovered the things I mentioned in my earlier post. No one really wants to go inside the hip of a woman in her early 40's.  So I just have to take pain meds, exercise and try to stay positive.  I would suggest you get with a good Physcial Therapist. I could help alot.