Degenerative Diseases Community
lower back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

lower back pain

I am having a great deal of pain in my L5S1 and down my right leg and toes I have had 4 fusions and was told today that I CT with dye, injections blocks any other thing I can try befor considering surgery?
um, prayer?

Sorry, you don't need a smart aleck!

Have you tried epidural steroid injections?  They really help some people; for me, I was happy with the 5 hours of relief I got from the numbing medication!  I actually had one epidural that helped for almost 2 months, but it was a diagnostic epidural, and the neurosurgeon that did it doesn't do treatment injections.

A nerve block probably wouldn't work well with that pain, since you need that nerve to stand, walk, etc.  I've been numb after a couple of injections, and I wouldn't want that to last for long.  

Sometimes ice can reduce my pain a little.  I haven't had any surgery yet, but I'm getting to the point where I'm seriously considering it.

I hope someone with some better ideas comes along and offers you some good suggestions.

Good luck
A chiropractor can tell ya 100% if you will have to have surgery other doc will want to fill ya up with drugs that only mask the pain and get you hooked on drugs

one chio I seen told a girl she didn't need the surgery and her doc talked her into said everything would come out good well they didn't for her she died on the table and was only in her early 30's so please see a chio