Degenerative Diseases Community
multiple level ddd

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

multiple level ddd

I have been diagnosed with multiple level DDD.  The spine specialist told me to go home, quit my job and apply for disability.  I have been dealing with back and neck pain for 6 years.  I had two lower back partial disc removal surgeries 20 years ago and the specialist said those have fused themselves together. Severe stenosis at c3-5, c5-6, c-6=7,  before I saw the spine specialist I dealt with neurologist, ortho, with no results with pain.  This spine specialist that there were no surgery options for me and to get pain management. I'm 53.  what can I expect.  Everything I do seems to hurt from walking to driving to minor household chores.
HI...there should be a pain management group in ur area that should be able to help u.....not necessarily with meds, but mayb PT...accupuncture ect....

U may also want a second opinion of another spine dr.

"selma"
I am in a similar situation and have 2 levels of fusion, scar tissue, extensive nerve damage and now 4 new ruptures in my neck that is causing spinal cord compression.  I have been through the PT, injections but my pain is best controlled with meds for now (it has been 10 years of therapy.  (I am 50 years old now).  Find a physician that you feel comfortable with who will manage the big ticket items on your spine but hook up with a pain management group - they really have been super with my stuff.  I still work but it is difficult and some days are good.  I believe the worst part about pain is that one gets depressed and it is hard to get out of a funk when you feel nasty.  Good luck, keep your chin up.