need to know
i have degenative disc in c5- 6 -7 i also have pain in my shoulder,  , with numbness at times and tingling in fingers, i also have pain and soreness in shoulder where rotary cuff is at, would that be caused from degenative disc in neck?
Degenerative spinal condition is not really a disease. It’s the normal wear and tear process of aging on your spine. Unfortunately, as we age, our intervertebral discs (pillow-like pads between the bones in your spine) lose their flexibility, elasticity, and shock absorbing characteristics. When this happens, the discs change from a supple, flexible state that allows fluid movement, to a stiff and rigid state that restricts your movement.

People with degenerative disc disease generally have ongoing back or neck pain, with occasional flares of acute pain when their “back goes out.” It can affect any part of the spine. The pain usually occurs in the area where there is gradual deterioration of a disc.
Your pain could be due to normal wear and tear .

While jenny2008 is right that it could be normal wear and tear, if a degenerating disc pinches on your cranial nerves, there can be a pattern of numbness and tingling down your arm.  When it progresses to weakness, often surgery is necessary to remove the pinching and restore function of the nerve.  The 5th cervical disc can cause this in the upper arm, the 6th can affect the area from the elbow to the thumb, and the 7th affects your index to ring finger.  Ask your doctor to examine your symptoms and see if it maps out to these areas.
I have the same problems with numbness & tingling in my fingers, and degenerative issues in the C5-C6 level of my neck.  I have been working on exercise to strengthen my back muscles and improve my posture, as well as receiving decompression therapy (similar to traction) at my chiropractors office.  This has been wonderful for the pain and none of the side effects of all the meds.
I started with arm and shoulder pain only to learn that it was my neck causing the problem. If you type in the search engine degenarative disc desease and also which discs, you will find that it isn't un commom. Anyway that is what I did and that's what I learned.

I definetely can related to the others in this post. I also have disc degenerative disease in C4, C5, and C6. I am only 27.

I recently met with a neurosurgeon who reviewed my MRI results and believes surgery will eliminate the agonizing pain in my right arm. For the past three years i have also suffered from a feeling of "20 pound sandbags on my neck and shoulders". It is getting worse day by day.

During the surgery, the neurosurgeon will remove the disc that is indenting my spinal cord and he will then fuse the vertebrae.

What i am really scared about is the "less than 1% chance" i will end up a quadrapalegic. Can you suggest any reading material related to this type of sugery and any other information you are aware of.